Thursday, October 4, 2012

Portraiture of Universal Union


Where the Sun's, up in the far sky!
Where lotus, nether, blooms in the pond!
Soon the Sun rises,
                            spreading his hands attains lotus's hug.                            |1|

Where the Moon shines, in a vivid blue sky!
Where at the bottom of earth, a vivid blue ocean!
Maiden waves frolic in delight
                           with the nectary touch of nectar hands.                              |2|

Where the air moves in abysmal wave!
Ne'er deprives mountain caves from his love!
Ne'er minding for days or seasons
                               kisses face of pretty mountain cave.                               |3|

Cloud  forever, with a lot of affection
squeezes lightning in his body.
Although cloud is black, in the joy of love
                            lovely lightning kisses him in a blink of eye.                        |4|

Spreading his arms of branches the handsome tree
embraces with love modest quivering body of climber.
Never leaves companion of tree, devoted she
                          with hundreds of faces kisses him all over.                            |5|

Golden spring mingling her body
with that of mountains, kisses his sturdy chest
Mount, bearing her mighty falls
                             Receives her in intense love as his necklace.                          |6|

Crossing long and difficult paths,
when unites with the sea, river surfs out in passion.
when kisses mature hand of the sea,
                              in deep embracing she is out of vision.                                    |7|

Forgetting his own nobility, 
maddened in love the sea kisses feet of shore
In honor of etiquette abnegates she.
                                     This play of affection is occurring forever.                        |8|

Sturdy iron kisses hardy stone
How strange on this earth is this love's action!
Kissing, embracing and the act of romance
                                     instantly melts a stone like heart !                                    |9|

Null is my life, void my dwelling
Mere dreaming for me, kissing and embracing
Who would barter sweet nectar of love!
                                      In agony of silence my life would stop!                           |10|

Won't I get that nectar of love
Is this earth parched for me!
Will my soul be deprived of that divine inspiration
                               from adoration, embraces and lovely osculation?                   |11|

I know, I have my Lord of soul
Glorious, truth, the auspicious(Shiva), the ultimate refuge
I have been waiting for him for years,
                                        adorning my bed of heart with flowers.                           |12|

Once I see my master of soul, 
would hold tightly his wrist and never'll let him go.
I would accomplish all act of kissing and embracing there 
my torments would be removed 
                                           and striving of my soul would end.                                 |13|

As the river mingles with ocean,
as vine clings to the tree,
as lightning plays in a blue cloud, 
                                      as stream adorns the flank of mountain,                                |14|

As waves dance with the touch of moon,
pleasingly in the hands of the Sun, as lotus adjures
I would unite my soul to the foot of lord of my soul
                       I would dance holding universal love in a divine pleasure.                    |15|

Mountain, ocean, river, Sun and Moon,
all will kiss me with a great affection.
then the world would float in the stream of love of my soul
                              and the universe would turn into my basket of love                         |16|


Translation from Original Odia "Biswara Milana Chitra" versed by Pandit Utkalmani Gopabandhu Das .






13 comments:

  1. divine interaction with nature.

    sweet entry, love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nataeven. I like your comment very much...:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Irish. I am glad, you liked it.

      Delete
  3. interacting with nature is pleasant, I guess.

    your lines are animated and super magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Justin, thank you for your visit to my blog and kind words of appreciation. In fact it is the magical words of devotional poet Pandit Utkalmani Gopabandhu Das that touched your heart. I have just attempted to translate the poem. But don't know if the spiritual aspect of the poem is revealed well. In this poem the poet has established a relationship of love between him and the God. Love among humans is divine and love for God is the highest form of love. Love is blatant truth and is revealed through nature.This is the sweetness of the poem.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the original in Odiya but could discern that you have invested in your lines the same fervour and the yearning for God .The verses left me pondering how the poet saw divinity in all aspects of nature.
    An excellent effort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sir. I am much glad getting your comment.:)

      Delete
  5. very neat word painting,

    smart choice or tribe.

    ReplyDelete