Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Morning

Courtesy- John Constable

Star flowers of night 
are falling off on your expanse
   fragrant breeze is playing insane...
diddering dews are dancing around
with their sparkling hue
on my window pane..

Birds of heaven are chirruping crazy
crickets are hopping winsomely
seemingly so busy!
A cowherd boy while guiding cattle
is singing blithely a peculiar song..
though unknown to me
reaches my heart like a sweet hurt..
a nostalgia coming along..

It takes me unto sky line
and drops me back at my window pane..
with my cup filled with sunshine..
Shortly I see my mother
She holds a kettle of fresh tea....
and serves me a cup 
along with her magical smile...

I take that greedily and pour into it
all my golden sunshine...
Every sip of my sunshine tea
fills me with a strange vigour...
to set out for a unique day
and that makes a perfect morning ...
sweetly innocent, pure and compassionate 
 just as my mother...

11 comments:

  1. Nostalgic in the best sense. A fine and lovely poem. A very happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful write, done so vividly and sweetly.
    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/the-best-christmas-ever/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dave Sir. I am so happy to get comment and wishes from you.... Glad that you liked the poem. Wish you a wonderful new year..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles Sir thanks for your comment.Wish you a very happy new year..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Morning...:) Your name is so beautiful...
    Wish you a happy new year..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot dear Psychebubbles for stopping by and for liking the poem. Wish you a great new year.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very cheerful sunshine-y outlook. Loved the optimism the poem exudes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you madam...May the new year bring new glory to your life..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings: Excellent Blog.

    Happy Happy New Year.

    Best Wishes for the year of 2012…

    Your contribution is always welcome!

    Lots of blessings and cheers sending your way.

    See you soon.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete