Saturday, September 24, 2011

Snake Charmer

                                                The Snake Charmer, Henri Rousseau, 1907
                                                              Courtesy-  Magpie Tales                                              

                                                           Capricious that moony night
captivates my craving so skillfully...
drags all senses deep into
cryptic forest of sully....

Recollections- creeping along smoggy lane
underneath my mounting adjure...
With a malign intention of aggression
they collect together...

Attachment that shrubs around
grapples lovelorn moonbeam...
and I plead for some mystic nectar..
to feed my depiction slim... 

I could have been taken away...
I could have been driven vicious.....
with every lick of venom...
that I'm coiled by grime luscious

Events repeat and stories retold...
of moonbeam, shrubs and my confession... 
yet I'am in calmness, having been mastered the skill
reconciling perfectly in appealing fashion...


                                                                             *                                                                                           
                                                     

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this painting, I did not know of it. Both it and your poem are intriguing. I have had a most enjoyable trawl through a few of your poems, but intend to return to do them more justice. A fascinating blog which deserves more time to be spent on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sir. I am truly honoured with your nice words..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poor old snake got bad press in Genesis, and I sympathise.
    Did you intend for there to be a comma after 'having been mastered'? That's how I read it, giving the snake a degree of manipulation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Respected Sir, Thank you for commenting... I think snake is just a symbol... Then it's one's choice to chose good or bad impression on snake for depiction... I respect your read.. Snake most often gets a negative image, what should not...

    ReplyDelete